We decided to count down the days until Christmas with an activity-advent calendar to go along with our chocolate one.
I inserted a to-do item in each miniature box (found at a paper warehouse for 40 cents each). Then I wrapped each box with tissue, ribbon and feathers.
Each day Hendrix will find the number of the day and unwrap to revel the activity.
Today we will string popcorn for a little extra Christmas tree decor. Here's what is to come:
- Set up Christmas tree and arrange Christmas decorations
- String popcorn for the tree
- Learn a Christmas song
- Nativity puppet songs and stories
- Reindeer Hats Craft
- Take pictures in a homemade photo booth
- Write a letter to Santa Clause
- Homemade Marshmallows
- Create Christmas cards and mail them
- Look through toys and find something to donate
- Bake and decorate gingerbread people
- Take a Christmas surprise to the neighbors
- Make ice ornaments for the great outdoors
- Play a holiday game
- Paint snowflakes on the window with window paint
- Get on an airplane to visit family
- Watch Christmas claymation movie
- Make snow ice cream
- Neighborhood Christmas lights tour
- Open Christmas eve gift (ornament)
- Hooray! It's Christmas!