Wednesday, September 29, 2010

G is for Glitter and Gold


We made our Golden, Glittery G using:
Chipboard cut from a cereal box for letter base
Green construction paper
Gold craft glitter
Glue: stick, white Elmer’s for glitter


Glitter and Gold books we like:
I couldn’t think of a book all about glitter or one entirely dedicated to gold so I thought I’d offer two book recommendations; one with a little glitter and the other with a little gold. The first book is Alice the Fairy written and illustrated by David Shannon. This story is told in first person by young Alice, who is a fairy...or a wanna-be fairy anyway, she hasn't quite figured out how to make the piles of clothes on her floor dance onto hangers in her closet and things like that. The art work is typical to Shannon’s well known stories like No, David and David Gets in Trouble. Although this is a book about a fairy in training, my two boys adore it as all preschoolers, regardless of their gender, seem to have many of the same opinions on life.

Now for the gold…recently we read a pirate book called How I became a Pirate by Melinda Long but illustrated by David Shannon (which was initially why I chose this book). My kids ended up liking it and seemed to be able to relate well to the main character in this book as well. We have also read the sequel to this book which is called, Pirates Don't Change Diapers. My four year old liked how the two stories connected and said Pirates Don't Change Diapers was his favorite out of the two (I liked the first one best).

(More about Project A-B-C)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails