Thursday, September 30, 2010

H is for 'Hooray for Happy'


We made our Happy H using:
Chipboard cut from a cereal box for letter base
Orange construction paper and scissors
Happy Face Stickers
Glue: Stick




A happy book we like is:
Hip, Hip, Hooray for Annie McRae written by Brad Wilcox and illustrated by Julie Olson. Yet again, it was the cover that drew us to this book (because, really, books should be designed/illustrated with the purpose of being judged) and it has truly become one of my favorite books to read to my kids. It’s such a great story for teaching kids how to be their own cheerleader and not base their well-being on the praise they get from others (a major goal of mine with my children). I honestly think all parents should read this to their children. Beyond having a worthy moral, my kids loved the illustrations and thought Annie’s cowgirl jargon was funny.

(More about Project A-B-C)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails